Sunday, January 4, 2009

What a Month!!!





Well, we it's been quite a month! We started it by moving from Rexburg to Salt Lake on Dec 2ND, which wouldn't have been too big of a deal because I was very ready for this move, but the day before we moved we had to take Kenzie into the doctors with breathing problems. Come to find out she had Pneumonia. 4 days after we moved in, we had to back to Idaho to take Ashley to the doctors with the same symptoms. We didn't have our new insurance in Utah yet so we had to take her to her old doctor in Idaho. To make that week worse, before we moved in we were told that our new home would be professionally cleaned before we moved in. It wasn't. It took Blake and I 4 hours to clean the kitchen just so we could put our dishes away. We spent a few more hours cleaning bathrooms so I felt safe letting my kids use them. There was also a lot of damage from the people before us. They had tried to fix some stuff but it was a half-hearted effort. They had repainted the whole place, but besides the walls, they also painted the carpet, the towel racks, the toilet paper holders, and the mirrors. They also put down new linoleum, which was ripped at about every cabinet corner, and a big rip under the dishwasher. Oh, and don't get me started on the dishwasher! But we're still getting things cleaned and trying to get fixed what we can.

New Years Eve Kenzie started complaining of a stomach ache, News Year's Day she started a fever, by this morning it peaked at 105.2. That scared me to death! She's only been over 103 twice before when she was having kidney problems, we took her to the doctors again this morning, and guess what she's having kidney problems again. I wish we could figure out why this keeps happening to her.

2 comments:

Krystal said...

That's too bad about the kidney problems. But it is exciting to be in a new home, right? Hope everything can return to normal and calm down a bit for you.

Unknown said...

This reminded me of when I moved in to our apartment last April. I thought they said it was all clean but I had to clean all the cabinets, wash the walls, mop, scour the tub/shower, and unpack, and I was still recovering from my c-section. And to top it all off we began smelling cigarette fumes from our neighbor downstairs! We specifically asked about smoking in this apartment and they knew we had a 1 month old preemie. I am so glad we are moving into our own house in a couple weeks! Finally.