Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Cinco de Mayo

Well I know that this is a little late, but back on May 3rd, we had a Cinco de Mayo celebration with my family. My parents, brother, and both of my grandmas. We had steak and chicken fajitas, 3 kinds of salsa, and we had a pinata for the girls. It was really fun to see the girls try to break the pinata. Kenzie was afraid to hit it because it moved when she did and she didn't want it to hit her. Ashley had no clue what was going on, but was happy to hit something and not get yelled at. They both loved the candy flying out of it when Blake and my brother finally broke it open. There were little champagne party poppers in there (where you pull the string and it makes a loud pop and shoots out streamers) that made Kenzie cry because they were too loud (I think she needed a nap by this point in the day, because the noise makers that she was blowing everywhere were louder). There was also little princess dolls in there that the girls love. It was a great day, but I think it was a little too long for my mom who was still recovering from surgery. It also gave us an excuse to celebrate and keep my grandma Robison's mind off the 1 year anniversary of my grandpa dying.

No comments: