Thursday, December 24, 2009

The Fair





This year we were able to go visit my parents in Idaho for the Idaho State Fair. Blake and I had tickets to the Demolition Derby, but we took the girls with my parents the day before the derby. The girls loved the fair and the time they had to spend with their grandparents. They loved the petting zoo, and the cotton candy. They were also able to ride rides for the first time. Ashley my adventurous, brave one of course was sad that she was too little for the big rides, but Kenzie seemed relieved she had to stick to the kiddy rides. I went on the carousel with them which made me a little queasy, but was still fun to do with them. There was a little roller coaster that an adult had to ride with them in order for them to go, but I said it was Blake’s turn. Blake declined, but my dad graciously agreed to accompany them. They loved the ride and especially that it was with their papa.
After the fair we took a funnel cake to my grandma’s house (my mom’s mom). We were able to visit for a while and the girls got to spend some time with her. We don’t get to see her very often so it was nice to spend the time with her. We also got to visit my dad’s mom at the assisted living center where she lives. We see her even less than my mom’s mom so it was nice to see her again and how well she’s doing. The girls spent the time we were there trying to coax her cat Babe out of hiding. The next night my parents watched the girls the next night so Blake and I could go to the derby by ourselves.

No comments: