Wednesday, September 10, 2008

OUCH!!!

Well, a couple of weeks ago I had (as Kenzie puts it) a little trip down the stairs. Anyone who knows where we live has seen the cement stairs in front of our apartment, well one day we were in a hurry to get some things done so we could go to Salt Lake for the weekend, I was carrying Ashley down the stairs, Kenzie was already at the car yelling at me to hurry up, and I some how lost my balance and fell all the way down the stairs. I was just lucky that Ashley some how didn't go down with me. I think that she must have had a guardian angel with her because she somehow managed to stay at the top. I ended up in a puddle on the sidewalk. (The sprinklers had just gone off and the sidewalk was wetter than the grass of course.) I just closed my eyes and laid there too scared to open my eyes and see Ashley laying next to me, but when I heard her start crying and screaming from the top of the stairs, I finally realized that I hurt in a few places. The worst looking was the line of bruises going down my left leg, and the bruises covering my back and bum. Then I had a little bump on my head, a bunch of scrapes and bruises on my arms, and I hurt my ankle on my right foot pretty good. It's been three weeks and my ankle still is killing me. It was finally decided that I should stay off of it and see if the swelling and pain would go away. So, now I'm on crutches, which kind of sucks, but my girls have been great helps to me, especially Kenzie.




These were taken about 8 days after I fell, things were starting to look better by this point.

5 comments:

Krystal said...

Kirsti! Those are some awful-looking bruises. I'm so sorry. But what a blessing that your girls weren't hurt.

MAH said...

OUCH!!!! I am glad that Ashley somehow avoided the mishap, and glad that you didn't break anything.

Cheryl said...

Ouch! I actually fell up those stairs on Emily when I was pregnant with Kaitlyn. They are deadly.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

From: BECCA B.
Hey Kirsti, I just opened a google reader account so I can do this. I have pictures of Kelty on facebook if you go to this website you can view them:
http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=23188&l=30305&id=635730605
also we went to the zoo too:
http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=35298&l=627d3&id=635730605

I will see you on Tuesday. I need to call you btw.